Coconut Joan

Sunday, April 10, 2005

This weekend is rated G

What an action-packed family friendly weekend I had.

On Friday night, I went out to dinner with some friends from work including Miriam, Peter and Zena. We had a candlelit night of conversation, Thai food (banana fritters! :P ), and pins and needles in legs due to floor sitting.

Damjan and I then drove 75 minutes to Yarra Junction, where the 2005 dance camp was in full swing (swing!) after midnight.

Camp room stats:

People6
Me, Damjan, Ben, Megan, James, Naomi
Males3
Females3
Larks (early to rise, early to bed)4
Owls (late to rise, party into the night)2
Old people3
Young people3
Swing specialists5
Latin specialists2
Ballroom specialists2
Committee members4
Light haired people3
Dark haired people3
People I've travelled with before3
Tall people3
Medium people1
Short people2
People who have had bracesAt least 3
People who need glasses3
Arts1
Science2
Engineering3
Medicine1
Musicians4
ENFJ1
ENTP1
INTJ2 (supposedly)
Unknown personality types2
Vegetarians0
Cool people6

Hey, apparently I don't like labels.

We spent the weekend dancing swing, latin, ballroom and salsa. We made use of the inground trampolines ("One person at a time. No shoes. No jumping after dark. No jumping between trampolines.") and canoes on the lake.

My heart almost burst with happiness and goodwill.

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to know what your definition of "old" is =p

joanium said...

Group B is "old" compared to Group A when every member of Group B is at least one year older than every member of Group A!

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess it saved me from asking. Although, I don't know whether I like this definition of "old"...

Anonymous said...

The most relaxing time I had all weekend (and probably all year!) was lying on the grass, balancing a waterbottle on my forehead. *sighs in nostalgia*

Joan, what do you mean, inflicting your "over-friendliness, stubborn refusal to discuss issues that I take personally and preoccupation with schedules and puctuality" on us?! At the very least, I believe I could take the cake for 'schedule-anal-ness' over the weekend.

joanium said...

I had a moderate attack of anti-Joan over the weekend, even while I was having fun. I realise that mostly it's in my head, that people are probably not annoyed with me but all the same, I know when I'm failing my standards of behaviour.

I like that term -- 'schedule-anal-ness'!