We were lounging around in the sunshine, relieved that the last assignment had been handed in. Horror stories of late nights were shared all round.
Sally related this particular incident:
It's crazy what we go through. I was in the computer lab and saw some poor fellow staring blearily at the screen. He had been there since I walked in two hours ago. Finally, he turned around to his friend and said thickly, "I think it's done."
Sympathetically, I asked, "Wow, how long have you been here?"
He looked at me blankly, then slowly said, "Two days."
I looked at the pile of empty Coke bottles around him and believed it!
2 Comments:
Wow... that sounds like the kind of thing I'll be doing next year. Scary...
Except I'd have empty coffee cups - more caffeine
That's like us archi students, too. Last Sunday night I drove into uni at about midnight to go get some printing done. I walk into the computer labs, and it was full of third year students camping out -- we had an assignment due on Tuesday.
While I waited for my printing to come through, I turned to Andy, fellow third-year architect who was madly clicking away at the computer next to me. He suddenly stopped, grabbed his wrist and grimaced, then rummaged in his bag to procure a heat pad.
"What's that for, Andy?"
"Oh, I've been CAD-ing 16 hours a day for the last two weeks, and my wrist is swollen."
This final week is going to be bad too. Last week, from Sunday to Tuesday I had just three hours sleep, trying to get my assignment done on time. This week I have TWO major submissions, for my remaining two subjects, due within five hours of each other.
I need to go out and buy some Red Bull today.
Vera
Post a Comment